Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bikini Brilliance

So I just came back from spring break in Florida and I have to admit, stripping down into my bikini was a rude awakening at first. I felt really self conscious because my string bikinis from high school were so skimpy and barely held everything in place. It dawned on me that now that I am in my first year of college, I need to update my swimwear style immediately. I am definitely for more coverage this year, and more elegance and class. String bikinis look great on Victoria's Secret models, but let's face it, not all of us are blessed with sky high legs and a tiny waste. It is so important to choose the right suit for your body type, so you can look your best on the beach! Here are a few suits that I like, and purchased :)

Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Collection - Draped Wireless Push-Up Halter Top, Draped Scoop Bottom with Leather Belt Buckle 


This bathing suit basically encompasses everything that I want in a suit for this summer. It comes in "blush pink" which is a soft classic color, that looks great against fair and darker skin tones. I can't wait to pair this bathing suit with my jet black Marc Jacobs sunglasses (shown above). I think going for a dark pair of sunglasses with thick frames will add a great contrast to the overall look, creating more of an edge to the dainty suit. The most important thing besides the sophistication of the suit is the coverage. It might be a pain for tan-lines, but in my opinion, I would rather feel comfortable with a thicker halter top, than feel overexposed. 


I found this piece off of Le Fashion's blog and thought it was gorgeous. I just bought myself a little black bikini and I love it. It looks sharp on and is perfect for mixing and matching with other suits. Neons and hot colors are definitely in style for swimwear this summer, but you can never go wrong with black!


I feel so proud! I've graduated from only wearing Target and Victoria's Secret suits, to my first designer bathing suit! I got this Palma Sola Trina Turk bottom while I was down in Florida. Pair this with a black top and you are golden! I love the metal hardware on the sides and I actually am a fan of wearing this bottom with a solid top instead of patterned top and bottom. Sometimes wearing both is too much detail for one suit, but it really comes down to personal taste! 

Some more looks - Just for fun! 
Love these colors! Such a fun combination


Beautiful. Reminds me of porcelain. 

Amazing! Two of my favorite things combined

Is it bad that I am slightly addicted to blogging now? 
Update again soon....you can count on that!

Photo Credit - victoriassecret.com, Le Fashion, Apartment 9, bestswimwear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment