Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Let's Get Real

I was brushing up on my daily blogging today when I came across this outfit on the blog, Karla's Closet.



Honestly Karla, you've got me. I'm baffled (in a good way that is)! I saw these pictures and thought to myself, "How the hell does she do it? Where do you find clothes like that?" According to the blog, pretty much the entire outfit was vintage with the exception of her shoes (made by Gwen Stefani's brand, L.A.M.B.). I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel like my style has a long way to go before I can really confidently call myself a top fashionista. 

I'm going to let you all in on a little secret here, I have no professional experience with fashion whatsoever. I mean, if you call "going to a preppy suburban high school where all the girls do is compete with each other to look hot and have the best clothes", experience, then maybe I have a little bit in that field. All I can say is that I love clothes and enjoy the fashion industry. But after looking at these outstanding fashion blogs, I feel like my style tips hold no authority and have little to no credibility. Honestly, who is going to read a teenager's blog from Pennsylvania and really care about it? I'm not trying to call for attention or sympathy here, I'm just getting real with you all. Regardless of my conflicting thoughts and self criticism, I can say one thing is true for sure, and that is that this blog is most definitely a learning experience for me. I am so thrilled about it because not only has it helped my writing skills improve dramatically, but it also has opened the door to a plethora (I'm sorry Professor Werner, I know you told me not to use that "unrealistic" word in writing) of knowledge and inspiration that I can take home with me and use to improve my own fashion sense. So to conclude to my little rant, I am going to label myself as a "fashionista in progress", because I know that this is a passion of mine, and that I do have natural talent. I just am realizing that I have a long path ahead of me if I want to get to the level of style and success that I dream of achieving one day. 

The creation of SWS has already affected me in a huge way. Having only started this blog a mere four days ago, I can tell you that walking around campus I can spot splashes of color on certain outfits, and different layering techniques that other girls sport during class that I never would have seen before. I have to say, compared to my old school that I transferred from, Fordham does have quite an impressive amount of style. Well, enough babbling for now. Time for more pretty pictures to "ooh" and "ahh" at! Oh, and don't mind my creative titles that I gave to these photos, they're there just for fun :) 


Flare and Elegance - The Sartorialist 

Leopard Attitude - Le Fashion


The Gracefulness of Dusk - Cupcakes and Cashmere



Don't have a cool name to come up with for this one, all I can say is wow, something that is slightly on my skill level and that I could actually see myself wearing! Maybe I'll call this one "Ecstasy"... - 9to5Chic

Photo Credit - Karla's Closet, The Sartorialist, cupcakesandcashmere.com, 9to5chic.com


It was nice gettin' real with you all. Now, back to the reality of being a freshman in college. Remember that thing called homework? 
Xo

2 comments:

  1. karla is amazing she does her style sooooo well. loving the pics that you have selected as well

    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I agree Karla definitely is an inspiration to me, and your page is amazing as well!

    ReplyDelete