Monday, April 25, 2011

Back at School

Well after a fun, loving, family-filled weekend, I find myself sitting up in my little loft at Fordham bored out of my mind once again! I'm going to apologize in advance for this rant, but I need to vent on here really quickly! I have a huge business presentation on Wednesday and I'm so nervous! Unfortunately public speaking is one of my least favorite things to do, and I have to give a 20 minute presentation in front of a class of 40; can you say intimidating? I hope it goes well, but the nerves are already percolating! Besides that, this weekend was tons of fun being home and actually having time to relax/be stress free! Now that I'm back at school, taking my own pictures will go back to being difficult and I probably will rely on mostly inspiration for the next few posts. I may put up a few shots of campus because literally everything is in bloom and it is beautiful! Luckily I am finished in two short weeks and then it's summer aka total-devotion-to-blog time! Also on a side-note I had an interview at Anthropologie today and I'd say it went pretty well! Again, I was nervous but I got some positive feedback, so hopefully that can give me confidence for my presentation. I'm waiting for call backs from the other stores. Fingers crossed! 

Advice for everyone reading this post: GO SEE WATER FOR ELEPHANTS! Oh my goodness I literally am obsessed with that movie, I already have seen it twice in theaters and downloaded the soundtrack. Robert Pattinson is so perfect in every scene of it (and no, I'm not just another crazed diehard Twilight fan) and the plot is captivating and intense. Some scenes are hard to watch but overall it was an excellent movie and I highly recommend it! In the words of my mom, "Rosie the elephant stole the show!". Go see it!
This is currently my desktop background - I told you I was obsessed! If you see it or have seen it, let me know what you think!

The sets and costumes of the 1930's circus genre are so fun to see so I figured I'd throw a few on here for some vintage/costume inspiration

at the premiere 


(so amazing)




Photos courtesy of IMDb

Lastly, I have one question for the world,
Why does the weather always suck in New York? Here's a comparison:
My backyard
80's and sunny...

Fordham Lincoln Center
Foggy, gloomy, windy, cold 60's...
I actually did think that this picture was pretty cool though because the skyscrapers literally look like they are so tall that they are going into the sky! Regardless of the sucky weather, it's always invigorating to drive back through New York City to get to school. I gotta say, I do love the place.

As for the fashion related piece of the day:
Courtesy of Shore
Love these neutral colors paired together. I'm still trying to master the idea of a sunhat but I really just don't think it looks good on me. That doesn't mean I still can't admire it on other people! What do you think of this look?

Thanks again for all of your wonderful comments!
Xo

10 comments:

  1. love ur blog!



    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is great the last pic! oh wow i guess everyone loves new york so much to forgive the weather for looking so crap. have a great day :)

    http://themashedup.blogspot.com/
    Lydz xX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reese looks amazing in this film, back to her 'Walk The Line' beauty. I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you girl...me + public speaking = HOT MESS! I am not a fan...but once you get up there it's not so bad. Hope it went well for you! Digging the last photo...gorge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely see this film.
    l love your blog and thanks for a lovely comment
    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard NOTHING but GREAT things about Water for Elephants! I can not wait to see it!

    I'm your NEWEST follower! I hope you will come visit me and follow me back!

    xx Erica

    www.ericawark.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the last look is stunning + i am dying to see water for elephants! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been impatiently waiting to see this film for months now, I'm so excited it'll finally hit theatres here next week! :D Everyone seems to like it so far, so I'm glad - I have high expectations!

    Great blog this is as well, I really like it :) x

    Christine @ Fash-n-Chips.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Reese!!

    http://thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you all enjoyed the water for elephants feature! I hope everyone goes out to see it, it is a tremendous film! Special thanks to my new followers! I will be sure to check out all your blogs! Thanks for the feedback! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete