Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day at the Park

Exhaustion is an understatement right now. Not only did I have a wonderful shopping spree in SoHo all day yesterday, but today was my first time ever visiting NYC's Central Park. First of all, lesson learned (the hard way), never wear any shoes with any type of elevation in Central Park. Unfortunately, I made the poor decision to debut my Jessica Simpson nude wedges today because I was so excited that the weather was finally appropriate for them. I don't know what I was thinking because we (my friend Katie and I) ended up doing miles and miles of walking throughout the park and the city, causing the circulation to my poor little toes to completely cut off. I mean, in hindsight, it's kind of logical to wear normal flat walking shoes when you go to a park, right? I guess I really do live by the quote "beauty is pain". Anyway, it was tough but I bared with it until we reached the nearest store (happened to be Abercrombie & Fitch - why is it always a dark and loud concert in there?) where I was forced to buy a pair of flip flops for $20! I was so desperate that I was willing to take anything to save my feet.

 Aside from the shoes incident, the weather was absolutely perfect and made the day so incredibly enjoyable. We ate a nice lunch by the conservatory while watching little electronic sailboats whiz around the water. The park was beautiful and a wonderful sight to see; I highly recommend visiting it during this lovely spring weather. After the park, Katie and I of course made a stop to 5th Avenue to check out the shops, and once again were left speechless. New York is literally a shopper's dream. We were dazzled by the massive Tiffany and Co. store, Gucci high-rise, Louis Vuitton, Armani, and Prada stores (only a few to name). All in all it was a fabulous day! New York is truly a remarkable place that everyone should see at some point in their lives! Although not entirely fashioned-based, I thought I would share some photos from our visit! 

Shops on 5th Ave




Classic New York Carriage Rides

Showing some patriotism!


Central Park

The Boat House Restaurant

Conservatory

Katie and I :)

 My fashionable (yet painful) outfit!

Top - Focus Lifestyle (Boutique in Florida)
Sunglasses - Marc Jacobs
Skinny Jeans - Forever 21
Bag - Converse
Wedges aka "the sad mistake" - Jessica Simspon
Tassel Earrings - UrbanOutfitters

3 words to sum up this post: I LOVE NEW YORK! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Now I'm going to watch the movie Dear John for the second time in a row :) 
Xo

7 comments:

  1. Your wedges look so cute! Too bad they aren't made for walkin'...

    Your photos make me miss NYC sooo much!

    www.cashmereandcandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was a lot of fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did all that in those heels? My hat off to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are making me have the urge to hop on a plane right now and get to New York!

    www.fashionistafeelgood.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great pics, i so want to go to NY - maybe this year :) fab outfit

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha thankk you for the love! yes New York is a blast! Everyone go either in the spring or the fall that's when it's the best! xoxo

    ReplyDelete