Thursday, October 18, 2012

Apartment Dining

Since I have moved into my own apartment, I now have the luxury of having my own kitchen to brew up any type of meal I want at any hour of the day. Surprisingly, instead of resorting to takeout and frozen dinners, I have been taking full advantage of the opportunity of being able to cook. It is such an unbelievable upgrade from the school's dining facilites (voted worst college food in the country), so I am sure my intestinal track is thanking me. Anyway, lately I have gotten into a routine of cooking meals for my boyfriend and I on Sundays and Tuesdays, my lightest work days. I need to work on my food-photography skills - but here is a preview of what I have been making!

This post is dedicated to my Dad because he has been begging me to start a "college food blog". He is too cute.

Pasta, peas, olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese

Homemade baked macaroni and cheese with breadcrumbs - my specialty :) 

Barbecue chicken sandwich, caesar salad, and more mac and cheese

Pulled pork sandwich, green beans almondine, corn 

Penne marinara, homemade meatballs, homemade garlic bread

Fried chicken thighs drizzled with homemade buffalo sauce, homemade mashed potatoes, sauteed broccoli, corn

One of my first meals - simple but delicious! Grilled hotdog, french fries, green beans almondine 

Chocolate chip banana bread


I got too hungry and started eating before I took the picture! Grilled chicken caesar wrap and even MORE mac and cheese! 

I'll continue to post more pictures after I cook some more meals!
Any meal suggestions? Let me know!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment